The Ottawa REDBLACKs is looking for a Team Strength Co-ordinator for the 2017 Season.
The role of Team Strength Co-ordinator requires a strong, organized leader who is responsible for delivery of team conditioning and the development of athlete performance working with a professional football team in the Canadian Football League (CFL). Candidates must be professionally ethical, dedicated, innovative and strong communicators providing inspiring standards as team contributors to support athlete performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, deliver, prioritize, physically demonstrate and monitor annual, periodized, individual performance plans and recovery programs for football athletes as required based upon proven, scientific and evidence based methodology
- Work in collaboration with the Medical Department to ensure effective delivery of safe and progressive return to play techniques for injured athletes and injury prevention programs
- Develop and deliver team warm-up programs as required
- Administer specific testing, analytics and evaluation protocols to identify athlete biometrics, muscle imbalances and movement patterns to design corrective conditioning programming
- Daily documenting, tracking, reporting and communication to Head Athletic Therapist, coaches and players using industry software platforms, systems and technology
- Assist with team hydration and nutritional program needs as required
- Support team member league anti-doping programs and related company policies
- Maintain a safe training and conditioning environment
- Adhere to the Policies and Procedures as governed and outlined by both the Canadian Football League and your respective CFL team
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Completed undergraduate or graduate degree in related sports science field
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist certification (CSCS) preferred
- Valid CPR, AED and First Aid certification
- Football background with university or professional team experience preferred
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent administrative, written, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to remain flexible with employment workload, demand and hours
Seasonal Contract: May 15th - December 15th 2017
Application closing date: April 21st 2017
We thank you in advance for your interest but will only be responding to those applicants that meet our requirements.