We are looking for someone to fill an 8-month contract as a Volunteer Coordinator for the Grey Cup Festival. You will be responsible for coordinating the Volunteer Program by managing the overall recruitment and scheduling for the various festivities.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement the festival’s policies and procedures regarding the Volunteer Program and Application Processes (i.e. Screening, discipline, and retention policies)
- Identify the number of volunteers required and draft job descriptions
- Design and implement volunteer orientation and training sessions as required
- Oversee the production of the Volunteers Handbook
- Co-ordinate the ordering, receiving, assembly and distribution for all the clothing and volunteer uniform
- Schedule approved volunteers, the set-up and operations of all volunteer lounges at event venues, including a volunteer headquarters
- Develop and implement the volunteer food and beverage services
- Design and implement a recognition program
- Provides ad hoc reports, as determined
- Daily duties during the festival may include but are not limited to; volunteer check in, volunteer briefings, assisting functions with deployment, equipment distribution, activating contingency planning if any attrition, monitoring volunteer incident reporting tool and updating schedules
- Support the planning and execution of the festival as directed by the Director, Grey Cup Festival
What you need to have:
- Diploma or degree in sport management, administration, or other related field. A combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience may be accepted
- Three to five years proven experience in relevant field
- Ability to motivate and engage a large volunteer team
- Demonstrated organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required
- Computer skills including proficiency/experience with database systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable, works well under pressure
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving abilities with limited supervision
- Bilingualism is a requirement
TD Place is a growing sports enterprise that is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit: http://www.tdplace.ca/connect-with-us/join-our-team.
We thank you in advance for your interest but will only be responding to those applicants that meet our requirements.